PHNOM PENH —
Three people have filed separate complaints against a Phnom Penh district official, accusing him of ordering violence in a clash between security forces and bystanders near Freedom Park last week.
At least 10 people were injured in clashes last Monday, as opposition member Mu Sochua staged a demonstration to try to enter the park in protest of a government ban on public assembly.
Keut Kry, a lawyer for the alleged victims, said the complaints were filed Wednesday morning at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, accusing Sok Penvuth, deputy governor of Daun Penh district, of ordering security forces to commit violence.
Keut Kry said he has evidence that includes video and audio of the incident.
Sok Penvuth could not be reached for comment. But Long Dimanche, a spokesman for the city, said authorities were fulfilling their responsibilities only.