Accessibility links

Bombing Suspects Appear in Court


Three of six suspects implicated in a bomb plot in Phnom Penh in January appeared in court Wednesday, but judges said the investigation was incomplete.

Reach Samnang,50, former police commissioner of Mondolkiri province , Phy Sa Vong,50, a former researcher in military intelligence, and Sam Ek, alias Ty To, 52, appeared at Phnom Penh Municipal Court Wednesday.

Reach Samnang told VOA Khmer at the court Wednesday he had been set up.

But investigating judge Ker Sakorn said that the court needed more time to investigate, calling it a “big” case. “So we need to be careful,” he said.

No trial date was set Wednesday.

Long Lunn, a defense lawyer for Phy Savong working for the rights group Adhoc, asked the court to have a trial soon, saying his client had been in prison too long already.

XS
SM
MD
LG